The Book of Hebrews is a very skilful document written to Jewish people living in the first century who were evaluating Jesus or struggling with their new faith in Christianity. This book carefully explains that Jesus completes the hope of Israel, that Christ is the superior High Priest and is enough for our salvation. The blood of Jesus in the New Testament is superior to and supplants the blood of animals in the Old Testament. The author of Hebrews proves that the New Testament is the reality of which the Old Testament was a type. The Old Testament type consisted of blood symbolically shed to offer salvation when the person offering was simply looking forward to the New Testament and the final sacrifice which was the Lord Jesus Christ Himself. Christianity is not a sacrificial system, nor is Christianity a means of salvation. Through the centuries people have been herded into Christianity,’ beheaded into Christianity; baptized into Christianity, but Christianity is not a means of salvation. People try to work their way into Christianity; people turn over new leaves in their lives in Christianity. But that’s not what being a Christian is. Christianity is the result of what took place at the cross. Christianity is all of the born-again believes from Pentecost to the Rapture, together with all the doctrine and duties of the church. That is Christianity.
Live, Love, Labor in Christ, It's a Lifestyle
- I'm excited about this free webinar from @michaelhyatt on how to write a book - you should join too! getpublishedcourse.com/webinar 1 year ago
- RT @JeffGoins: The opportunity to make a living, by doing work I love, is a blessing I hope to never take for granted. https://t.co/R8Xjyus… 1 year ago
- Garmin Connect - 10K Speed Work connect.garmin.com/modern/course/… #RunThisCity 1 year ago
- #LIVELOVEEAT - looks good 1 year ago
- #voicesavemary 1 year ago