1 cup dried black beans or 1 can
1 T grape seed oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup chopped onions
1 cup chopped red and green bell pepper
1 cup chopped celery
5 cups vegetable stock
1 can diced tomatoes
1 teaspoon chili power
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon dries oregano
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Soak beans overnight; drain.
2. In a large soup pot, heat oil. Add in garlic, onion, red peppers, celery, celery leaves and carrots. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes, until veggies start to soften.
3. Add water, bay leaves, canned tomatoes, salt, pepper, cumin, oregano and cilantro. Bring to a boil. Add drained black beans.
4. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for about 2 hours or until beans are tender.
5. Top with fresh lime juice and cilantro
Serve with Fresh Corn Tortillas